Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16th, 2009

Dear Prayer Group,

I just got back from Mexico celebrating the blessed sacrament of marriage with one of Kalli's best friends. We had an absolutely wonderful time. It gave us the break that was long needed. Now, sorry to keep you waiting, my Christmas wishlist:

Therapy bolsters, which are vinyl cylinders about two feet long and about 8 to 10 inches in diameter. They are used mainly for putting underneath my knee while laying on the mat to do knee extension to strengthen my quads.

Half Moon Bolster, which is the same thing but cut in half so it is no longer a cylinder but a half circle.

Examples of both bolsters can be found at this website:
http://www.zearth.com/Earthlite-EARTHLITE-BOLSTER-Massage-Table-Bolster-Pillow-Massage-Therapy-Bolster-Pillows-by-Earthlite-P248.aspx?utm_source=ZFF245&utm_medium=ZBuy&utm_campaign=ZE245

Natural Fit Balancing Disk, examples can be found at this website: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=balance+disk&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4307659997&ref=pd_sl_dr4uajjpp_b

Dumbbells 12lbs and 15lbs, preferably coated in rubber

Large free standing mirror for checking position and posture while standing, walking, or doing any number of exercises

AAA membership

YMCA renewal membership (received a six month membership that will be up in December, and I need a new membership so I can continue swimming once or twice a week for therapy with my brother. It is also a great place to practice walking longer distances, especially with the winter and all of this snow.)

Spinergy wheels for my new wheelchair, if it ever comes. Insurance doesn't want to cover spinergy wheels.

Digital Camera with video record - to take pictures of my therapy and video for me to watch to see my posture and positioning. Also, for posting updates.

WiiFit, a Nintendo Wii fitness game.

Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory

2009 xstar Mastercraft Wakeboard boat for when I am back up on my feet

I don't know what you guys have in mind but thank you for even the thought of filling Kalli and my Christmas with a little more cheer.

And for all of my readers, I had a week long break from therapy while vacationing in Mexico. I will give an update sometime soon after Christmas on my progress and what's going on in my life.

Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see your new post. my timing has been remarkable perfect with when I check this...usually within a day at most 2 of your post.
    Nice wish list Hi, ok except for the 20009 wakbaord boat! It;'s like you to aim high...which explains why you have gotten such awesome results! The power of the mind....
    I hope Santa is very good to you and that you get alll the goodies you are wanting...
    Am already looking forward to your post-Christmas blog to see what mountains you have climbed in the last couple of months. merry Christmas!!!
    Love and lots of HoHo-Ho liday prayers,
    Tari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hip,
    Looked back at my post and saw a gazillion typos. Guess I should've proof read it before I sent it. Can barely keep my eyes open... which is probably the signal that I should call it a night...Check back after Christmas...
    Love,
    ♥Tari

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo hip! can't wait to see you next week some time and hear about mexico and all your progress. i also heard it's 1 degree or something like that right now in wisconsin. i prefer, and am starting to enjoy, that 6 or 7 in front of the 1 come december/january. either way it's gonna be awesome next week, see you soon brother!

    ENDOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Xmas list........
    The prayer group may just send cash and
    let you figure it out! :-)
    We'll talk to the group!
    Have a warm and wonderful holiday season!
    All things are possible through Him.
    All things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A check from the prayer group is in
    the mail today. Watch for it with all of our
    good wishes. Best to you and your hard-
    working girlfriend!

    The Prayer Group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am posting this February 19, to wish you a Happy Birthday. I know you are in Atlanta GA. I pray that it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reusable Plastic Cups are also available. Using the plastic material with excellent design is another good thing and they did it in very cheap price.

    ReplyDelete